including First Aid at Work Qualification
As of 01st Oct 22 any person renewing their Close Protection licence will need to do a top-up course. The course not only refreshes the skills already learnt, it also updates your qualification with various other skills introduced by the SIA. These new skills are described below
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS, MUST:
- Have taken the full close protection course and wish to renew their licence.
- Be over 18yrs old.
- Have a reasonable fitness level for the physical intervention element of the course.
- Students must hold a suitable Level 3 First Aid Certificate*.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Principles of Terror Threat Awareness in the Private Security Industry.
- Principles of Working as a Door Supervisor for Close Protection Operatives in the Private Security Industry.
- Application of Physical Intervention Skills for Close Protection Operatives in the Private Security Industry.
- Application of Physical Intervention Skills in the Private Security Industry
First Aid Certificate*
Each candidate must have a recognised original First Aid at Work or Higher Award Certificate with at least 12 months remaining. This must be produced so we can make a copy before the course commences. If you haven’t got a current certification, you will need to attend our First Aid at Work training before commencing on the SIA course. Contact us if you need any advice.
You must bring your current First Aid at Work or Higher Award Certificate. If you do not have a First Aid at Work Certificate, you cannot apply for a Security Industry Authority (SIA) license. Further guidance can be found at https://www.sai.homeoffice.gov.uk/pages/licensing-document-groups.aspx
A copy of your identification documents and photograph will also be required as per the course Joining Instructions and will be securely stored by the training centre for three years from your final assessment, these must be submitted prior to the course start date.
Please note: If you hold a valid First Aid Certificate, once verified by our awarding body, we will issue a refund for this part of the course.
This training requires a reasonable level of physical fitness. It does not exclude people with disabilities but all injuries must be notified in advance of the course. *Legacy Training will not be held liable for any injuries that were not reported prior to or during the course.
07539195022 / 0800 707 6747
Cost: £550 inclusive of VAT for QNUK Level 2 Award for Close Protection working within the Private Security Industry (Top Up) (RQF) & Level 3 First Aid at Work
Duration: 7 days
Hours of attendance: 9am until 5pm.
Legacy Training QNUK Level 2 Award for Close Protection working within the Private Security Industry (Top Up) (RQF) course includes:
- 4 days + 3 days first aid if you do not have a certificate valid for more than 12 months
- Accredited by QNUK for Compliance
Please note: There are very strict entry requirements, therefore you must produce as proof of identity for the course and examinations your ID and photographs will be required on the first day of training.
Without the specific ID you will NOT BE ALLOWED to take the examination
A combination of identity: please see below
Group A documents – You need to provide 1 x document group A.
- Passport valid
- Driving licence
- UK original birth certificate 12 months from birth
Group B documents – 2 documents x group B. must show your current address
- Bank or building society statement from the last 3 months
- Utility bill from the last 3 months
- Credit card bill from the last 3 months
- Council tax statement from the last 12 months
- P45 or P60
For full list of required ID visit SIA website